My first Dash for Diabetes

Well I have done it, I signed up for my first ever Dash for Diabetes, a 5 mile/8 km run/jog/walk for the “curediabetesnow” campaign to raise money for children living with T1 in our local area as well as the Robarts Research Group. Even though I have not ran for numerous years now, I feel good about my decision. So today I am starting to get pledges as I prepare myself (and my dog) for the event, we are looking forward to meeting new people, raising money and awareness, and just having a great day for a great cause.
Thanks in advance for your support.

Ken , how did your first Dash for Diabetes go ; can you give a follow up , please ?
My 1/2 M only 2 1/2 weeks away , October 11 in Victoria …be well , N.

Hello Nel and everyone, sorry about the delay. The D4D went very well thanks you. I completed it with my wife,son & our loyal family dog. The course was 5mi/8km, we walked the course in 94 minutes. It was a beautiful day for the event with a decent turnout. While the count is still ongoing, the total on event day was we had raised over $2600,with the proceeds going to be donated to the Robarts Research Institute as well as local kids living with T1.

I wish you all the best for your event and hope it turns out to be a beautiful day for you’s. Good Luck Nel.

Thanks for the update Ken.Great to be able to make it a family affair, trusted family dog included :wink: …the dollar figure seems like great Team effort as well .Congrats.
I started out for my 6 k training this morning and returned home after about 15 min…a LOW was coming on and several hours later still feel at the effect . Tomorrow 20 k and another day ! Be well , N.