My first dia-blog!

I just joined the fold here at Tudiabetes today and am going to journal some of the past week’s frustrations here because Facebook is too personal. Here y’all will understand some of the weirdnesses without the same misunderstandings non-diabetics have!

First, I ran out of my anti-depressant last Thursday. The stupid pharmacy (mail-order) did not want to renew it until “July 4” which here in the USA is a holiday. Doubly bad cause the 4th was a Sunday so Monday was the “actual” holiday. The Rx got mailed yesterday but I won’t get it until next week because my band’s got an out-of-town weekend gig.

Second, endo appt on Monday (funny, the doc’s office didn’t think it was a holiday even if the pharm did!). A1C is up again…the last three times have been 7.4, 7.5, and now 7.7. I think it’s the stress, but I’m not sure. My band has had 2 big out of town tours in the last 2 months, and now we’ve got the third tomorrow. Of course, running out of the paroxetine hasn’t helped keep me stress-free over the last week! :stuck_out_tongue:

Third, when my pump beeped at me to change the battery today, I could not for the life of me open the battery compartment! I tried for quite a while and caused my fingers great pain trying to twist the silly quarter. I know I didn’t over-tighten it the last time! I guess it tightened itself over the last month. Anyway, I called Medtronic and they’ll send a replacement pump overnight. Of course my trip is scheduled to depart at 10 am and FedEx can only guarantee before 10:30 am. I have to pick up the rental car at 9, and since I don’t know when I’ll actually be at home, I’m having them send it without requiring a signature. Natch, if the pump is AOL, I’m gonna be out $3600 and a viable way of getting insulin all weekend.

If you read this, thanks for reading! :slight_smile: It’ll all be ok, I’m sure, but it’s nice to have a blog away from my day-to-day IRL friends who worry too much sometimes! :slight_smile:

jeez, when it rains, it pours. sometimes when the mail order pharm doesn’t make it in time, you can go to a drugstore and get them to call your doctor and get a few pills to tide you over. have a great gig, would love to hear more about your band, etc.

folkclarinet…your battery lid was probably carring some particulate matter last time you changed the battery and the threads just got caught. Are you tracking the shipment on the fed ex website? I used to expedite materials for my factory and if you speak to fex-ex they may be able to hook you up with the final warehouse the shipment is being dispatched from and they would be able to help you with the delivery. Good luck!

Yeah…The replacement pump showed up in plenty of time to pick up the rental car and get on the road in time. I tried calling my local pharm for a bridge supply but since I had never filled that Rx there they could not do anything. I could have called the online pharmacy and had them send the info to the local one, but that would have taken too long and I would have been late for the gig! The pills arrived yesterday and I came home today so I should be in a better mood soon!

The performances were wonderful…It was a great weekend overall!

A gardian angel works better than Fex Ex or the pharmacy anyway. Keep the music in your life…