My new life

There have been a lot of events in my life since my last blog. For one thing, I am engaged to Jimmy. We agreed to have a long engagement, maybe until I finish school. For another, I am living with Jimmy part time. If part time sounds silly, let me explain. He is a cop and works long hours 4 days a week. If I am there when he has to go to work the next morning, he don’t get enough sleep (guess why?). So I spend 3 nights and 3 days at his house, the rest of the time I stay at my aunts.

After I got over the sticker shock of living with a man, I love my new arrangement. At first we both had a hard time about giving up our privacy, but now we enjoy each others company in almost everything we do. We might be the perfect couple and the odd couple at the same time. One of the biggest adjustments for him was sleeping with me. I tend to move around a lot in my sleep. Many times he has to poke me and wake me up to keep me from kicking him. Once I woke up crosswise in the bed laying on top of him. I asked him why he didn’t wake me sooner, he said I was sleeping so quite and peaceful for a change he didn’t want to disturb me. He don’t snore but I do, I’m looking for a way to stop that. I’m so happy, it’s like I’m living in a dream world.

I have to get my mind focused on school. I started my classes Tuesday, next Monday I will have a full schedule. I’m going to try to use my iPad at school instead of a laptop. I’m not sure if it will be enough but I’ll give it a try. If I have to go back to the laptop, I might need a new one. The old one is not very reliable anymore.

Knock on wood, my diabetes has been in a friendly phase. My BG has been good, I use my OmniPod pump on the days I am at my aunts, I go back to MDI with I’m with Jimmy. I don’t want the pod attached to me when I’m with him. The only troublesome thing is I’ve been getting blurred vision after meals. In the past I didn’t get blurred vision until my BG got over 200. Now it seems I get some blurred vision even at 140. I don’t want to set my goals too low because I begin to get hypos of I do.

For those of you going back to school, study hard, I intend to.

Chisaki

I only use my pump about half the time. I was doing that even before I met my BF. I would usually wear it when I went to school and go on MDI for the weekends. I actually feel better/safer on MDI, it’s not that I don’t trust the pump but I was on MDI for so long I got used to it. I really can’t imagine wearing the pump for “those intimate moments”. I just wouldn’t feel right.

I guess I did share too much in the past, but I was so mixed up about everything I needed advise and this was one way to get it. Thanks to everyone that offered advice. I am on track now, going to school and hope to get my BSN in 3 years. I’m engaged but we’re waiting until I finish school to get married. That was my idea, he wanted to get married this year.