My Type 1 and Metformin

I thought they did not ban avandia completely maybe if you scream load enough they will allow you to go back on it.

Just an after thought but Fenofibrate does also help with insulin resistance for Dinosaur on the DD site quite a bit in my case only a little.

I'm T1 who was prescribed Metformin several years ago. It seemed improve BGs for a little while, then stop, so my Dr switched me to another drug. Admittedly, there were other factors that could have explained why my control deteriorated.

I have seen conflicting explanations for how Metformin works. I've even heard that it stimulates insulin production. A few years ago, I got a Doctor to look it up for me. She showed me in a book that it lowers BG levels through "unknown mechanisms". This always struck me as strange.

Medicare does not cover Avandia, and it is very expensive. I cannot afford it at this time. Met is ok, I just have to watch my fluctuating BGs so closely, and test so frequently. Frustrating, but I can adjust and do it. I am very confident of that!