Naltrexone 4.5 mg

Looking for any type I folks who have/are currently taking Naltrexone 4.5 mg. Type 1 diabetes for 18 years with a cocktail of other autoimmune delights alongside it. Functional medicine dr. asked if I would be interested in trying naltrexone at 4.5 mg to see if it calms things down with all or some of the autoimmune constant hurricanes in my body. This is day 3 and I can’t keep my blood sugar up the past two days. That is the only difference from my normal food, running, etc… Anyone have a similar experience that this drug caused you to need less insulin or to have lows? I take 19 units of levimier in the am and 13 units in the pm. I think tomorrow I will need to radically cut it back or I will be in trouble again. I wish I would have known it had the capacity to radically affect blood sugar as I would have adjusted my insulin sooner or tried this drug years ago!! I think I need to be hooked to an iv of sugar to keep it up! LOL Adjusting down insulin, if from the effects of Naltrexone is causing it to keep crashing, is a great problem to have from this drug!

I think it highly unlikely it is having any impact on blood sugar. I have not taken it, but given the medication profile, I would be surprised.

I am T2 but started on LDN 3 weeks ago. I have multiple autoimmunes. I’ve spent the last 6 weeks or so digging for info. While only anecdotal, I’ve seen many blog posts & comments about reduction in insulin needs. Most T1s seem to eliminate the lows by reducing the dosage.

It’s interesting that you started at such a high dose. 4.5mg seems to be the max dose for most. I started at 1.5mg with a planned increase to 3mg in 2 more weeks. Have you noticed any other issues besides the lows?

No other effects other than low blood sugar. It is hard to find info on things that don’t have enough studies out there on. Hope you do well on it!