Nausea,Chills

Hope all is well with everyone…Started my pump 2wks ago and since then, I have had chills and nausea every night…I did have a fever last weekend and saw my family doctor and he told me it could be the flu (everything else was negative)…This weekend was the worst because I was nauseated the entire time and forcing myself to eat…Sugars are doing very well although my FBS (avg 140) are much higher than with injectables…(Also went above 200 and spilled large ketones with last weekends fever) .I see my Endo tomorrow and I am afraid this is a side effect of the Novolog…Any suggestions of what I can do?? I am soooooo scared he will say to give the pump back and go back to the Levemir and Novolog at meals…This nausea is killing me…

Sounds as if you’ve had a miserable time, I’m sorry! There are alternatives to novolog in your pump, I doubt your endo will pull you from it. Please keep us posted!

I was started on Humulog and not only am I feeling great (no nausea) I am also having better BG levels with my meals…Much nicer control …