Need to vent

During the period when I said "I want a pump" and when I got it, I reread Bernstein (to learn it didn't say much about pumps, and then discovered the DOC through the ADA message board...) and saw the multishot suggestion and tried it and it works very well, at least in the short term. At that point, I'd been shooting for 24 years and the shots didn't phase me at all, although it was for very short-term so the lipodystrophy didn't really come up.

Short acting insulins of a pump are the same as analogue insulins in MDI.
Usually under a pump you need less insulin because you get better absorption, and because on MDI usually you keep an overdosed basal insulin in some periods of the day.
I don't question Dr Bernstein but I cannot stop using my judgement only because "he said" something: he's not the only one knowing about diabetes, and on this point I don't know what exactly he states anyway.
Better absorption on a pump usually is explained by the site being "primed" by previous insulin, local tissues don't keep there any more insulin and every unit goes to capillary blood, as it finds a "river" already set up.
That makes sense, as makes sense that insulin as an hormone grows cells in fat were it flows, causing occlusions over time.
Always rotate sites, yes.
As for the poster, his problem is not an injection problem, probably he has to increase his evening basal dose.

How do I learn about how to add protein into Kennedy’s insulin for meals, she has a pretty regular eating schedule, with meat or beans with every dinner, if protein inteke stays relatively stable at dinner can we just adjust carb ratio to get a normal wake up or overnight blood sugar? She did have a big pile of edamame before bed last night and did get a small bump in her am sugar, but we are overall having more trouble with lows, so it seems evening protein helps prevent an am low…

Poking myself 3 times for one shot was never an option! Hard enough to do the one shot in the first place. So not interested in more pin-cushion action ;) So the pump is fine!!