New batch of Afrezza seems to work better

I used up the last of 2016, I think November, expiration Afrezza a few days back and started on my fresh supply, expiration dated April 2018. I’ve taken several correction doses in the last two days and they seem more potent than the previous batch of Afrezza.

What is the expiration date on the Afrezza you’re working on? Has anyone else recently had an Rx filled with 2018 expiration? Does it seem to work any better? Or is it just my senior memory and wishful thinking?

I store all my Afrezza in a refrigerator.

My hoarde of afrezza all expires this month… So I’ll be seeing if it continues to work well past its expiration. Did you get your refill through Caremark? Was there any added headaches since they changed NDC numbers when they went to in-house manufacturing?

Yes, I did get it through Caremark. There was a 4-5 day delay in the process due to not having any on the shelf. At least that’s what they told me.

Is your current supply as effective as it’s always been?

As far as I can tell @Terry4

Wouldn’t surprise me to find out that sanofi was cutting it with baby powder toward the end there! Please keep us filled in with any more observations in this regard… Would like to know more

interesting. I need to order more soon and I have CIGNA. Will be interesting to see how it goes. Thanks for the update @Terry4

Interesting that you just asked this question as I was finishing a giant burrito, which ended up requiring more afrezza corrections than the same meal ever had before— although the packet had been opened and in my coat pocket for an unknown length of time also— so now I’m curious and this is on my radar. Will keep an eye on it.

I saw this tweet:

Five boxes is 450 doses or 15 doses per day. Is that typical?

And now I want a giant burrito.

Thank you so much, Sam! :angry:

J[quote=“rgcainmd, post:8, topic:55647”]
And now I want a giant burrito.

Thank you so much
[/quote]

Be careful. They have diabetes in them --as my daughter would say.

1 Like

I’ve been eating like a real a$$hole the last few days honestly so my bg has been all over the place even with afrezza… I can’t even imagine how buck wild it would be with just novolog. Leaving for Hawaii for a week tomorrow so will be diving head first into an unfamiliar foods adventure. Will be thankful to have afrezza for that, that’s for sure. Will post about and diabetic culinary adventures I have on vacation.

4 Likes

[quote=“Sam19, post:10, topic:55647, full:true”]
I’ve been eating like a real a$$hole the last few days honestly so my bg has been all over the place even with afrezza… I can’t even imagine how buck wild it would be with just novolog. Leaving for Hawaii for a week tomorrow so will be diving head first into an unfamiliar foods adventure. Will be thankful to have afrezza for that, that’s for sure. [/quote]

Bon voyage to you, your lovely wife, and your too-cute-for-words son and daughter! Wear lots of sunscreen, and have a fantastic time!

Thanks in advance; I’ve always wondered about what consuming half a pig at a luau would do to a PWD’s BG… :wink:

1 Like

Haha I said it’s a vacation! They’re not going! Well just the wife is. Kids are staying with the babysitter. Next vacation just the babysitter and I might go and leave the wife too.

2 Likes

Without you around, your kids will probably have a great vacation at home with the babysitter! :wink:

I would

1 Like

ha ha ha, this cracked me up. I’m getting a burrito today.

have a great trip!!!

Have a nice visit to Hawaii, @Sam19. I’m planning to visit Hawaii soon, too.