New Changes When Flying

If you go thru a regular check suspend the pump and remove the revervoir, putting the reservoir in your pocket or where ever. Put the pump in the tray so you don’t beep. If you go thru the WEEBE, full body imager line they will pat you down, no big thing TELL them I have a pump first. My wife works for HLS and some pumps beep. If you tell them your on the pump and where your infusion set is located they will tell the person in the booth that. I have done this and on the WEEBE line they just touch the infusion set thru my clothes to comfirm and no problem.

ft lauderdale is one of the airports that now have the full body scanners (so you know on your way back)

it is OPTIONAL you can choose it, or go through the regular scanners like everyone else, and if your pump goes off you get wanded and sometimes a hand/pump swab for explosives.

i have flown though ft lauderdale close to once a month for the last 2 years but not since they installed/are installing the new full body scanners. the security line can be long, but i have never had a problem

what airport do you go out of? because TSA is JOKE at Reagan and Dulles. they really could care less that i have a pump and depending on which terminal you fly out of and what time of day the security is less than 10 min for me and that includes getting wanded because of my pump

I’ve never had any problems at Nashville or Baltimore.