New logo is dominating over everything

I notice the all caps have gone away, but I notice the font has also been changed from what was (for me) a nice clear sans-serif font to something that not only has serifs but also seems smaller in size. Overall, I find this new font much harder to read. Usually I use screen reading software, but on these Discourse forums screen readers are difficult to use because the links to jump to the newest posts in a thread don’t work (thus any screen reader I’m using forces me to read from the very top of every thread, unless I’m using iOS, but with iOS posting/replying is inaccessible), and so I use screen magnification on here instead. I would like if either the fonts were easy to read or (even better) the site worked well with screen reading software.

1 Like

I’m not seeing any serif fonts on my screen. Could you take a screen-shot image and post?

Now that you call attention to it, it does seem like the font might have dropped a point or two.

1 Like

yikes, what happened to the fonts? ick! (which means others will like the new fonts)

Your post looks like this to me (unmagnified):

This definitely doesn’t look like a snas-serif font to me. It looks even worse under high magnification.

• Press “Ctrl + F5” or press “Ctrl + Shift + R” (Windows,Linux)
  • Press “Command + Shift + R” (Mac)
1 Like

Okay, that looks a tiny bit better with my browser at 110%. I still think this font looks horrible under Windows Magnifier (Win + +), though, which is what I’m using. While no font looks good under Windows Magnifier, whatever was used before this was much more readable.

@Jen, The CTRL+F5 was not actually to help you (unfortunately) but rather to let anybody else who was still seeing the old font and not understanding what you were talking about to see the same thing you are seeing.

ie - The current state.

As opposed to still seeing a cached font from before and just not understanding what you were describing.

I completely agree with you. The new font is very hard to read.

Oh yeah, you’re right. I knew that refreshed. I was fixated on thinking it zoomed or changed the fonts to a sans-serif font. LOL.

1 Like

@Jen – Now I see what you’re talking about. I think the readability was better with the prior sans-serif font. The default size was larger, too.

@Tim35 – Thanks for the cache-clearing tip. That makes sense why I wasn’t seeing what Jen was talking about.

I suspect you are seeing your browser’s default font (serif or sans-serif). I’m still seeing (smaller) sans-serif fonts, but that’s what my browser (Firefox) is currently set to.

OK, I changed Firefox’s default font to Arial (instead of Times New Roman) and things look much better. Thanks! I still think TuD should have a font that doesn’t look horrible to people who happen to have never touched their browser’s font settings.

1 Like

The font was fine (save for the upper case issue) a day or two ago.
Obviously the website was again changed (in terms of the font) and one would (at this point) presume continues to change.

Intentionally having a website which requires individuals to change their entire browser setting in order to achieve a reasonable display would seem to be a most odd choice.

Please return to the more readable font. I don’t think I can change the default browser font in Safari, my preferred browser.

Hola!

Last night we had a bug, but it should be solved now.

Please let me know if the font displaying on your end is not like the one in the screenshot.

2 Likes

Yes. The better sans-serif font has returned. Thanks. It’s good to know it was just a bug.

2 Likes