New pump time

I feel the same about my Animas. After Animas was discontinued, my CDE said there was no hurry, just keep using out-of-warranty Animas. My sister asked if pump was reliable. Yes, it is reliable until it doesn’t work (4 or 5 during 8/yr). So keep using it but be prepared for malfunctions. Now 5 mos passed warranty, is beginning to malfunction. I want to go to Tslim X2 because of Dexcom integration.

Is the minimum fill on the pod 85 units? When I think of trying it, I wonder about those of us who use very little insulin. Tossing it out isnt an option…though the rep told me you can get it back out of there. I’ve been a little concerned because the sets I like may just be on their way to being no longer produced.

Yes, there is a MIN mark on the syringe you fill it with. I’m not sure of the unit amount but 85 sounds right. You have to fill it to the MIN mark in order to get the pod activated. You can draw insulin out of it. I only did that once but it can be done. I use around 30 units a day so I waste less insulin than I did on the T-slim because I was using around 20u to fill the tubing so keep that in mind also, there is no tubing to fill.

I never really think about the tube filling part, but I also have been completely unable to get an insurance quote from Insulet. So, I guess I wont pursue it…