New to Novolog and understanding me

well, I messed it up today. I took my shot and was busy cleaning out cupboards. I forgot to eat! Novolog didn’t change the picture for me. I thought it might as I didn’t really know how different Humalog and Novolog would be for me. (other than one is cheaper than the other) ok so now I continue to work out the kinks in figuring carbs vs cowboys and indians shooting :stuck_out_tongue: (me)
I think I’m right back to square one. I know what is in it for me. A longer life without feeling like an idiot/ or needing a nap after every meal.
ok my next fight? Emotional eating… ( which is usually so much under better control when Stephen is not deployed. ) sigh…
Ok to the battle front.

it takes time… and patience… and more time… and more tears… and more frustrations… and then, like a miracle- there is a great day for blood sugars. and then…?

I am quite confident that emotional eating (or worse yet social eating of things I usually never eat) are responsible for at least 35% of my current A1C

Hi MedowLark, we all mess up at times so dont worry too much as long as you have someone who understands lives near by. I take Novolin R, Symlin, and Lantus plus pills. One day I forgot to eat lunch and by 2pm while talking to a friend I started to get the early warning signs with my right eye blurring and my numbers were at 51. Now that is a worry in itself. But I knew what I had to do to get through it, just like you, and figuring out carbs and indians shooting up the scene. I just have to eat lunch at noon then talk to friends. We all can be idiots from time to time, or take that nap after lunch–which I do from time to time–and emotional eating, well we all need to learn when to say NO to that stack of snacks. So, next time when we get to that point, just Say "I can wait for that upcoming HIGH by grabbing a glass of clear water or diet pop and say chears.

LOL! Gus, I do that and crunch on ice… and am a diet soda aholic.

Bet we’ve all forgotten to eat or forgotten to take our insulin. Welcome to the club!

It would suck to be perfect…( I could’nt stand myself) I also forget to eat after bolusing…I have being trying to lower my A1C so have followed some advice from here at TuD… bolusing early. It works. But it has happenned then i am running around doing stuff and have forgotten my lunch…
I am also a diet soda pop Addict…Have you tried A&W diet rootbeer…Super Yummy…
Great Blogg…Our little Diabetic Imperfections are ok. sometimes…