Newbie here and to type 2

The website bloodsugar101 helped me tremendously when first diagnosed as did Gretchen Breckers book “Type 2 diabetes the First Year” (although it may not be as helpful given your confusing diagnosis) Of course this site is a tremendous resource, spend some time reading old threads and check out the groups too.

I take R-ALA, evening primrose oil, and benfotiamin ( a fat soluble form of vitamin B1) and they have helped my neuropathy. I used to experience the burning every evening and it’s gone. Getting better control of my blood glucose also undoubtedly helped. Here’s a recent discussion about this. Here’s another link that references a study that says it may take 2 - 3 years for your nerves to heal, so don’t give up if it doesn’t go away right away. This is a catch 22 situation because if you can exercise more you will help your blood sugar and your neuropathy but if the neuropathy is preventing exercise …

Just posting shows you are motivated to deal with your condition and this is the most important factor in success, good luck!!!