Newly retired and experiencing more lows

I am more active and less stressed now that I have retired and I seem to be experiencing more lows, and they come on very fast. I don't realy understand why being more active can cause my blood sugar to drop? Can anyone tell me what causes this. I am on a pump anf have not changed my basal settings and still dose about one unit to ten carbs.

Being more physically active, like formal exercising, can definitely cause your blood sugar to drop! You might have to make some changes in your basal to accommodate the time periods in which you experience lows.

Congratulations on your retirement - I became less, not more active when I retired, but then I've always been a bit on the lazy side!

if you are more active your body is using more sugar to keep your muscles going and you need to give it just enough insulin to process the food you are eating. i would think you need to start turning off your basil rate or just suspend the basil rate while you are active. your pump is still sending basil insulin as you do things and your body is using more. make sure you test more often while active to see if you need sugar boost.