Next question... a new meter and adjusting insulin. Help?

Ok LOL! From one experiment to the next. :stuck_out_tongue:
This one involves switching meters. (Why? cuz I use least expensive test strips that I can findā€¦ That way I can test pretty much ā€œwhenā€ I feel I need to as well as the normal test times.) Okā€¦ So I was using the Optium and am now back to my Easy Check monitor.
ugh!!! I got myself going well. Last night I took a test strip from each and tested.This was at 10pm
Optium 123
Easy Check 150
My first dilemma : Due I take a shot to correct? or leave it alone? I took my night shot of Lantus and Novolog according to the Easy Check higher number.
This morning I tested. This was at 10am( Yup, I slept in and took a showerā€¦ A shower raises me 30 points no matter what. go figureā€¦)
Optium 138
Easy Check 150 (snicker) How did I manage to 150ā€™s in a row? Iā€™ve no idea; though it does happen occasionally.
OK Iā€™m out of Optium test strips and still have the knowledge of the differing numbers.
Iā€™ll be using the Easy Check until they run out and I check to see which test strip is the going lower price :stuck_out_tongue: Weā€™ll play the roulette for that!

ok My questionā€¦ with this knowledge of numbers ā€¦
Should I mentally subtract and then take my Novolog or just take it according to the numbers on the machine?
What are my chances of going too low? or staying too high for too long? (all those weird questions)

Please chime in and tell me what you think.
Huggles
MeadowLark

Stick to one meter and base your corrections (or low treatments) on that. Otherwise, it will drive you crazy!

At the higher end of on-target blood glucose range, glucose meters are allowed to have 20 percent (not 20 pointsā€“20 percent) variance. At lower end, near the hypoglycemia range, they are supposed to have better accuracy, but can still vary by 15 percent. When it comes to correcting or treating, that leaves us in a quandry.

For a 138 or a 150, Iā€™d try 15-20 minutes of walking or other movement to see if it shifts down. If so, problem solved without a correction dose. Best wishes!