Nhs funding for continuous glucose monitoring systems

Have you tried the Enlite sensors from Medtronic? They've got rid of the harpoon insertion that the old ones use, and go in vertically like a Quickset. The needle is much smaller and I rarely have one that hurts when it goes in now. I wear mine mostly on my lower back and I don't know its there once its in.

You don't need to disconnect the transmitter to shower. I wear a sticky over it all the time though as I find it stops it moving around and means I don't notice the sensor when I'm wearing it.

That's the one with the blue inserter gadget like the quickset you press and zap in it goes? Sounds a lot like the one I've been using, to be honest haven't paid much attention to the name of it other than it being from Medtronic and it annoys me. Am due for another on Friday so I'll probably pay more attention this time around to what it's called.

If its the old ones you're using, they come with a long blue inserter and are put in at an angle. It really was like a harpoon. The new Enlites have a grey/dark blue inserter that fires in vertically. Pics here http://www.shootuporputup.co.uk/2011/04/let-there-be-enlite/

Ahh, it's the Enlites than, although in a different colour scheme (blue with grey button) just to be awkward. Sadly still not had one with doesn't hurt yet though :(

Hi Michelle, I have had Type 1 since 1939 and recently found I have hypoglycaemic unawareness. NICE has recommended that this is a reason they accept for CGM on NHS. It took me 2 years pleading to get it. Keep trying. I am sending this because I have 4 Dexcom 7 plus sensors in date till 19/02/2014 which need a new home. Could this help a little.