Night Highs

Of the (one or two) people here who've been on Cycloset, can anyone tell me if they've had highs at night?

I've been mostly okay during the day, and then at night (sometimes after dinner, sometimes after a snack), I suddenly get high. Last night I was 190 after dinner, the night before that I was in the 160's from a snack, the night before that I was in the 160's after dinner...

I started the higher dose on Wednesday, but it doesn't sound like this drug needs a buildup period like Metformin does. Also, it's supposed to wear off after about 6 hours in your system, so I wouldn't be surprised if its effects wear off, too. (If they do, why is this supposed to be a miracle drug??)

What makes me more worried is that I don't think the Met is out of my system yet. (I took my last dose a week ago Friday.) It took weeks to build up, so wouldn't it take weeks to get out? And if that's true, I'm going to be pretty miserable in a few weeks...

Also, this morning I realized that my fastings are only in the 90's (as opposed to the 80's...I know, not much of a difference) if I was high the day before. Duh...

Don't know about Cycloset but endo told me that met can stay in your system for up to a few weeks. I think it took me about 4 days before enough was out that I started having my bg climb.

Mine also took about 3 days before my BG started to climb. But I expect it'll get worse as more leaves my system...

If cycloset doesn't have a ramp up time then maybe you need a higher dose? I sounds like it is supposed to help with morning highs but maybe it doesn't work on the night time ones. I always wake up higher than I should but it drops pretty quickly once I'm up and about.