No Fetal Pole at Six Weeks

I just added a new post on my blog.

A Sweet Journey to Motherhood

I had a devastating visit with the OB yesterday. It turns out that I might have an ectopic (tubal) pregnancy.

Has anybody else experienced anything like this? What was your outcome? I am just beside myself.

Nici

Nici, the uncertainty must be overwhelming. I will keep you very close in my thoughts and please keep us posted on how you are doing! Sending hugs to you!

I posted a comment on your blog, too, but I just wanted you to know that you’re in my thoughts. Positive vibes are being sent your way! Hang in there.

Oh Bless you sweetie, my heart is in my mouth just reading this. I am praying that everything will be ok for you and peanut x

An update – yesterday we were able to see the “peanut” and the heartbeat on the ultrasound! It turns out that the mass is a fibroid. What a relief. We are not 100% out of the woods yet, but things look so much better.

http://typeoneandttc.wordpress.com/2009/11/06/a-peanut-with-a-heartbeat/

Thank you all so much for your kind words and support.

Nici

Great to hear Nici!

Fibroids are quite common, as far as I know and often do not interfere with the pregnancy and delivery. Hope that your peanut continues to grow and flourish!

I just read this post and then your update. You must have been very scared!
I’m glad things are looking up, and I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Great news!

Glad to hear! A friend of mine also had a fibroid and they just removed it when she had a c-section delivery. As far as I know it doesn’t interfere with the pregnancy.