Non-food Rewards

I was raised to think of chocolate as the ultimate day. Had a hard day? Have some chocolate. Done well at school? Have some chocolate. Want to show someone you care? Give them chocolate.

Since being diagnosed, I’m trying to find non-food ways to reward myself. So far, I’ve tried the following:

• bubble baths
  • stationery
  • watching a good movie (although I don’t really have time for this)

How do you reward yourself?

• salon trip / haircut / manicure / pedicure / etc.
  • a new ___ that I might have denied myself (small retail item like a wallet or sunglasses)
  • a phone call to a friend

if i stick to my routine for let’s say 3-4 weeks
I like to reward myself with a new pair of shoes…or an item i wouldn’t necessarily buy unless i “earned” it.
it’s fun that way =) definately keeps me motivated!

I am definitekly with the nails and pedicure.
A new pair of shoes. Or a trip to any shoe store with my daughter. It is so FUN
A new glass. I am working on these stemmed red goblets I want. They are only $3,99 each but i want 12 of each style.

beauty products-
nail polish, lip gloss, good smelling body scrubs or lotion. I really like the aromas I get from some of the products, they kind of appease my other senses.

Megan-

I never thought of rewarding myself for my “good” diabetic things or anything…
I think I am going to make a reward jar;I will call it “My A1C reward jar”. I will put change in the jar every day (almost). when I have my labs done (every 3 months), I will empty the jar and treat myself to something (only) if my A1C stays under 6.3 (current A1C).

Megan thx for the reward idea…I love it!

Rewards=Perfumes!!!

What a great idea Sohair. I love perfumes and good smelling stuff.

I tricked out my bathroom with gorgeous towels, candles, bath items, etc. A relaxing soak in the jetted tub is heaven. Curling up with a warm quilt in front of the fireplace with a great book is uber-heaven. Add a glass of red wine, and there’s no topping it.

Sohair, all your photos have reminded me. Qne of rewards is buying a bunch of fresh flowers. There is nothing better to make your room look beautiful.

Sohair, all your photos have reminded me. Qne of rewards is buying a bunch of fresh flowers. There is nothing better to make your room look beautiful.

I’d love to take credit, but I think Sugarrbabie came up with the idea of rewarding yourself for doing good diabetic things. Although, after seeing my doc and getting a good report, I treated myself to a nice steak!

I like working out… dancing helps.