Not a happy camper

Gerri,

Thank you. Not sure about exceptional. I’m as ordinary as they come.

I respectfully disagree. You are exceptional.

Thomas,

That’s exactly what my hospice social worker friend says. When she decided to go into this, I was worried it would be sad & depressing for her because she’s a person with severe depression. She loves her work & stays in touch with many of the families.

Unless asked not to or to stop. We follow families for thirteen months after the date they lose their person. That gets them through one year of holidays. Those can be the toughest times of all.

Forgot to mention. About a dozen years ago. I was diagnosed with deep clinical depression and post traumatic stress disorder. Who’d a thunk hospice would be my passion?

My HbA1c always comes out higher than I think. I know how frustrating it is. I try to capture my highs during the day but I think I must spike very early in the morning from DP and then come back down. Over the past year my HbA1c has come up and down, I think that is just part of being a diabetic.

Thanks for that Jeannie. Being as new as I am. I don’t know what to expect or what’s in store for me.

My A1C last week was 11. What you have is good. I wish my A1C was that low.

Laura,

I’m so sorry to hear that. I can’t imagine what dealing with that must be like. So many of you wonderful people here have such full plates. I guess maybe I should be less vocal and do more listening/reading. As so many other members. I’ll add you to my prayer list. Bless you.