Not new to Diabetes, but new to the community

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to stop and say hello. Diabetes has been around all my life. My father had the disease, and he died because of heart complications at the age of 64 (in 2000). I became interested in joining and helping causes, and I knew that I would get it eventually. I have weight problems, hypothyroidism, and a very irregular endocrine system in general.

Pre-Diabetic in 2002, the “silent enemy” came knocking on my door a couple of years ago. Type 2, metformin, diet and exercise. I’ve fallen off the wagon several times, but now I have the support I need to keep going.

I’m really glad to have found this place.

Hey Beatriz,

Welcome to the group :slight_smile: I think you’ll find as I did how great the people are in this community and how fun the site is in general. I’ve been diabetic (Type-1) for 15 years and this has been the biggest and best support group I’ve found yet.

Beatriz,

Staying on the wagon is a lot easier when you have other people to talk with who have to deal with the same issues day in and day out.

I think one reason I have been able to do as well as I have over time is because I have been checking in daily on diabetes discussion groups for many years. Though I have to say this is by far the friendliest I’ve found.