Just took a Diabetic class for re-education today learned some new things very relaxed and interactive.
- Although we feel nutrition is vital to our teachings, we like potential students to know that we are trying to empower them to live well with all aspects of diabetes. As you know, we talk about what diabetes is, physical complications, modifiable risk factors, nutrition, exercise, self-care, and mental well-being.
- Our company name has recently changed to eQHealth Solutions. This is why our promotional materials contain references to both LHCR and our new name. Our website is eqhs.org (although you can still reach us for now under lhcr.org).
- Our contract with Medicare is for three years. We only have about one-and-a-half years remaining on the contract, although we hope it will be extended in the next scope of work.
- We will teach as many classes a month as our schedule allows. Diana and I work in East Baton Rouge, Tangipahoa, Washington, and Ascension parishes. We have additional instructors in other parishes.
- Our company has offices in three states, however, this project was awarded to Quality Improvement Organizations in five states.
Here is how I found them from a poster in my doctors office.
Every Diabetic Counts
Robin M. Huet, RN, BSN
Quality Improvement Specialist
The Louisiana Medicare QIO
(formerly Louisiana Health Care Review)
8591 United Plaza Boulevard, Suite 270
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
Main: (225) 926-6353