Nutrition for Blokes: An Entertaining Book that Makes Men Fall in Love with Vegetables

Those of us who used to be active on the alt.support.diabetes newsgroup have long been familiar with Quentin Grady’s posts about all the unsuspectied health-boosting micronutrients to be found in ordinary food.

Now Quentin has pulled this information into a delightful book. It’s called, Nutrition for Blokes, and it mixes a lot of information about the nutrients to be found in real food with Quentin’s adventures as he visits with farmers in his native New Zealand and shares his insight into how the male mind works.

It’s had to get across the charm of this book, but put it this way. My sweetheart–very much a “man’s man” type of “Bloke” who makes edged tools for a living–read this book and the next thing I knew, Mr. Manly Man was shopping daily for vegetables, feeding me fresh avocados, insisting on putting orange peppers in our dinners and sprinking walnuts over his manly meals.

Did I mention this book makes you think about vegetables in a totally new way?

I ordered a copy a few months ago when Quentin was selling it to friends by subscription only. Because I liked it so much, I helped Quentin set up a gallery on my phlaunt.com so he could sell his book via Paypal. All money from book sales goes directly to Quentin.

You can find out more about the book and order it her: Nutrition for Blokes: Re-Engineering Your Diet for Life.