OHHH those HIGH's

Good Luck! @JVG <3

Let us know what he or she says!

I just had something weird happen last night.

We went back to the same place where I ate the Shrimp that I told you about on this thread that kind of gave me a high for awhile.

Well this time I changed it up

I had 2 pieces of fried catfish
2 hushpuppies
and instead of fries I did a small salad!

I ate my catfish and hushpuppies and small salad and I checked my BS before we went to church last night ( so we ate at about 5ish ) and we got home about 6 because I had something to do before we went to church and my BG was 103! I took it again and it was 101?

How in the world did my BG drop that fast? Was it because I didn’t eat so many carbs this time and opted for a salad instead of fries?

Its funny… When the waitress brought us our food I told the waitress " Oh ya’ll put fries on my plate, I didn’t want fries". And she’s like “is that going to be a problem?” in a real concerned voice. I said “I am diabetic. " Ohh do you want me to take your plate back to the kitchen and have them take the fries off?” ( in a worried voice). I said no and kind of chuckled and said that will be okay.

Ya’ll should be proud of me I didn’t touch ONE FRY at all!! I learned my lesson from the last time. lol

Chris

Doing great. HbA1c = 5.6
My doctor was very pleased and she approved of a recent pump setting change I made to avoid lows from 11pm until 2am. Yay !!

2 Likes

Congrats @JVG !