Old like me

Is there a section for older diabetics type 1? I’m 60 years old. I have questions that pertains to my age group. Thanks.

Sid, please join us in Pumping Seniors

http://www.tudiabetes.org/group/pumpingseniors

We kind of fell asleep in this Group, and it would be wonderful if you’d join and wake everyone up. I’ve been pumping 20 years myself, and am soon to have my 43rd anniversary with type1.

As Marie B says join Pumping Seniors. I will be 60 next birthday and am happily pumping for the last 9 months.

I was going to suggest the group that Marie told you about.

Hi Sid- I am on Medicare, so I am definitely over 60. I am a T-1 for the past 11 years and I am not on a pump. I take MDI each day. ( I like the pic of your dog. What’s his/her name.)

I am a Type 1 (LADA) who was diagnosed 3 years ago at age 58. I’m on MDI. I never thought about a separate group for older type 1’s. I personally learn a lot from everyone here (and besides, want to stay in denial for awhile on my age…though I will happily accept the money the government wants to give me after my next birthday!)

Ask away and I’m sure one of us will have some answers!

Sidney, you must have read my mind! I was searching through the groups last week for a group for Seniors. I am 61 with LADA. I do not pump and don’t want too. I am on MDIs. Please feel free to ask questions.