OMG....I'm going crazy!

Okay, so here’s the deal…

I’ve been going on this roller coaster ride with this stuff for a long time now. Just recently I ran out of strips (before I was lucky enough to win some on the “world in your hands” giveaway [week3])…well, it had actually been months without strips. Now mind you. I have been diagnosed as going through the honeymoon phaze of type 1 (not fully diagnosed yet because they say my pancreas is still spittin’ occasionally). Well, my husband owns his own business yet we are FOREVER broke (save that for another day of venting).

My levels have been jumping so fast lately between 50-180. not much hight fortunately, but since we have no insurance, money, a car, extra funds stashed away somewhere; I’m forced to deal with this crap. I’ve gotten to the point where I seldom tell my husband when I’m feeling horrible because I don’t want to here, “well, what am I suppose to do about it? We HAVE NO MONEY!!!”. I’m going crazy.

Now, I’m embarrased to share some of my most recent symptoms but here we go (please help):

urine is very dark and foggy (been going on for months)
strong amonia smell (also, for months)
fast swinging BGs (sometimes as much as 100 points in a thirty minute time frame; up or down)
Keytones in the urine even when my BG is 140 and below (most of the time showing moderate to more)
irritable most days
smoking like a banche…(cigarettes, sorry, a very bad vice, but too stressed to quit…I was on a medication that was helping me quit, but my husband never went back to get the new months prescription, again, that’s for another day’s venting).
Tops of my feet burn and are red after a shower (they itch and get really red; don’t know if this is any relation to what’s going on, but thought I’d mention that too).

There’s more if I sat and analized, but this is what I have for now. What is wrong with me? Would someone help?

You might have a UTI. I generally get 2 or 3 a year on average. Sometimes I get them with the typical discomfort, pain, and the urgency to go but then barely anything comes out. Other times, I’ve had UTI’s with cloudy, funky-smelling urine. I had those symptoms for months once, but it didn’t cause me any discomfort, so I let it go. Finally, I went to the doctor, and turns out it was a UTI. If you have an infection, that’ll also mess up your BG’s. You obviously have other issues, but it would be worthwhile to investigate and either rule out or treat.

There is a post about how to get supplies if you are not insured,please Barbra read it.
Do not get depressed,things will get better
As Lee Ann suggested,treat the UTI,and you will feel better
All my love and prayers are with you

@ Lee Ann & Sohair,

Thank you ladies for your comments and suggestions. I have recently been taking (10 days) Clydomiasin (don’t know how to spell it, sorry) for it, but it has yet to change. I looked into those supplies before and the process takes a little while (which is no problem, only my process hasn’t completed yet…still waiting).

Thanks though for you kind words. It truely does help :slight_smile:

If you’re taking Clinomyacin to treat that UTI, you should stop. I can’t find anything about it being used to treat UTI’s - it’s used for respiratory and skin/soft tissue infections. Plus, I found a warning that doctors should “consider the nature of the infection and the suitability of less toxic alternatives (eg, erythromycin).” So unless you were prescribed it for a strep or staph infection, you’re doing yourself more harm than good. You need to see a doctor so they can do a culture and determine which kind of bacteria is causing the infection. They’ll probably prescribe Bactrim or Cipro - those seem to be commonly used for UTI’s, but go see a doctor because if that infection migrates from your bladder to your kidneys, you could be looking at an ER visit, a hospital stay, missed work, etc. I’ve been through it, and it’s not to be taken lightly.

That’s my advice so take it for what it’s worth.

Lee Ann,
WOW…you are good!!! Thanks so much; I will find a way to the doctor very soon. Yes, I have often told my husband that it’s not a problem to take lightly (especially since it’s been on going for a while now without letting up). I appreciate the time you took for some answers…your advice is very worthy of paying attention to.

Thanks a ton, Barb :slight_smile: