OmiPod Tops in Accuracy?

This article appeared in the latest issue of diaTribe.

http://www.diatribe.us/issues/23/what-were-reading.php The study was funded by Insulet. Also mentioned in the article is interesting information regarding infusion site placement. This information might prove beneficial to those using traditional tubed pumps.

It’s a very good article. The one thing that makes me cautious about this study, as in any study, is who funded it. In this case, Insulet did. That makes me question the results. But I will say that using this tubeless pump is like a dream come true.

I know what you mean. That’s why I mentioned the funding in my post.

I enjoyed this article Janice. Thanks for sharing it. I have wondered sometimes if ‘position’ of the pump had anything to do with successful insulin delivery.

Ronny’s post about the tubeless pump being like a dream come true - I also like. It is going to be very hard for me to have to give it up.

Mayumi why are you going to have to give up the tubeless pump?

I will be an old lady of 65 in a month and as such will be going on Medicare. Medicare will NOT cover the OmniPod, only some tradtional pumps with tubing - and then ONLY if ‘they’ feel it is medically necessary. I have much better control with the Pod, but no one besides me cares about that.

Oh…don’t say that. I’m sure that we here at Tu all care. Don’t look back…I’m rapidly gaiing on you…

Janice is right, don’t look back. I’m not that far behind you, too, and she is also right that I think everybody on this site cares for all of us. Including you.

Oh dear … I didn’t mean to insinuate that no one here cares. I was referring to ‘politicians’ who seem to make medical decisions when it is the Doctors that should be making these decisions. It almost seems that a big organization like Medicare would rather pay for a diabetic person to have a limb amputated than to pay for the technology that might help prevent the amputation in the first place.

I’ve just had too many things go wrong lately, so many in fact that I can’t keep track of them all. It is like a black cloud is hanging over my house. I need to be in a better frame of mind.