Omni Pod

I have a 10 year old daughter that has been using the Omni Pod for about nine months. She loves the pump. So much better than taking shots. Until recently. Now when we take the pump off of her she is swollen, red, little blisters, and itches very bad. Bad enough that she now says she would rather take the shots. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do so she will not have these reactions. I use a skin prep before putting the pump on and I use an adheasive remover to remove the pump. Any suggestions would be greatly appreaciated.

hi, Tracy. We’ve had a lot of discussions about skin problems with the pump. Here’s one. Ihave a lot of problems too, but mostly related to having had the d for 41 years and my skin is telling me it can’t take it anymore! I hope you are rotating sites well. I also use a couple of products to sooth the skin after taking my set out. One is called Aquaphor Baby and the other is called Bag Balm (comes in a cute green can). They are both ointments. Bag Balm was actually developed to sooth cow’s udders, and a lot of hand quilters use it on their fingers when they get poked by their needles.