Omnipod 5 cost?!

I have a pending prescription with Costco to get the new Omnipod 5. They are quoting me a 30 day supply of Pods for $491. That price is my 60% out-of-pocket cost. There must be some mistake. I even have GOOD insurance (or so I thought).
Typically a 90-day supply of my OLD Pods was $270. Part of the problem is that the new Omnipod 5 is “pharmacy” and not “medical equipment” and my insurance makes me pay more for pharmacy, but still …who can afford this? (and there are no coupons or discounts per Omnipod)

Are they maybe charging you for a startup kit? When it first came out I saw people posting in various places that they could not get insurance to cover the starter kit even though it was supposed to be “free”.

When I looked into OmniPod5 over the summer they quoted me $290 for a 30 day supply. It turns out that with my insurance, OmniPod5 is a Tier 3 “drug” on my pharmacy formulary and my insurance has a $200 deductible for Tier 2 & 3 prescriptions. AFter that first month, I would pay $90/month. Check to see if you have any kind of prescription deductible which is separate from your medical deductible.