Omnipod bad Lot #

When I opened a new box of Pods on February 11th I immediately had problems.  Remember this Lot #  71257.  The POD was sluggish all three days.  It didn't quit.  It didn't alarm.  But I would bolus repeatedly (4 or 5 times) (and NOT eat anything) and I cannot get my blood sugar to lower until I finally do a big bolus of 1-2 units (over and above what is already in my system supposedly) and FINALLY my numbers start to come down.   Frustrating!  Out of a box of 10 PODS, I documented this problem 5 separate times.  Sluggish PODS.  Repeated bolusing.  Numbers that not only do not drop, they start to go higher!
 I know it is this particular Lot number at fault because I had two old PODS from a different Lot number and when I used them, my numbers were flawless and smooth.  No setting changes.
 Sorry for the long story.  I just want to rant about the screwiness of the devices that are supposed to HELP us!

Pam, I don’t know how you’re uploading your post but the format I’m seeing makes it really tough to read. It’s as if you posted one long line of text. I have to use a scroll bar to move the text across my screen.

This is what I see:

When I opened a new box of Pods on February 11th I immediately had problems. Remember this Lot # 71257. The POD was sluggish all three days. It didn’t quit. It didn’t alarm. But I would bolus repeatedly (4 or 5 times) (and NOT eat anything) and I cannot get my blood sugar to lower until I finally do a big bolus of 1-2 units (over and above what is already in my system supposedly) and FINALLY my numbers start to come down. Frustrating! Out of a box of 10 PODS, I documented this problem 5 separate times. Sluggish PODS. Repeated bolusing. Numbers that not only do not drop, they start to go higher!

I know it is this particular Lot number at fault because I had two old PODS from a different Lot number and when I used them, my numbers were flawless and smooth. No setting changes.

Sorry for the long story. I just want to rant about the screwiness of the devices that are supposed to HELP us!

I just did reposted because your post had really weird formatting, with a lot cut off. I mean a righteous rant needs to be read, - Luis

4 Likes

Thank you Luis. That is my post. I was going to delete and try retyping it but you solved my problem.

1 Like

@PamS I love it when that happens. Not that weird thing that happened to you post, but when I can make it better. Funny thing is it took me 3 times to get it right. Must be solar storms or something. :crazy_face: :rofl:

You gotta make the dreaded phone call to Omnipod and tell them. If you still have the faulty PODS, it would be great if you sent them in so they could troubleshoot what happened. You seem to have identified a problem that they could notify others about and who knows? Maybe you could help them solve future failures! :heartpulse:

1 Like