Omnipod on the way!

Sorry about the typos – my school has some aspects of this site blocked and I could not edit the above, but I think you know what I meant. There are many people who do not have the cognitive ability to correctly operate a pump and in this case the Omnipod system.

Yeah, I know what you meant. Still, I hate it when “policy” is created for the idiotic masses and they don’t make exceptions.

Not that I’m endorsing it, but I would have a very hard time stopping myself from ripping off the saline pod as soon as I got home and putting one on that had insulin loaded. I know my abosorption rates, how long insulin lasts in my body, and a close enough guess at basal rate to keep me from getting into trouble (frequent testing).

Great news Robin! I hope it is a smooth transition for you. I’ve been on the Pod for 3 weeks and I couldn’t be more pleased with it. Keep us posted, okay?

Cindy I am so happy for your great success with OmniPod…my training now is Nov. 3 not Oct. 21…I am anxious…Cindy W.

I’m sorry to hear that your training has been delayed. Mine was delayed for a couple of weeks by hurricane Ike… but it is worth the wait!