Omnipod Training

Hi everyone! This is my first post so I hope I’ve got this right. I am grateful that Omnipod offers training. You meet up with a rep and they offer a tutorial when you get together. My question is, after the tutorial, do I have to continue exchanging info with the rep? or do I have to call support if help is needed?

Welcome, @Liz_D. When I started the Omnipod a couple years ago, I was already using it before the “required” training. My training became a “train the gp doctor’s office to start Omnipod” training instead.

I have never sent pod data to the rep. My Endo always downloaded the data she needed herself, with Diasend.

(Truth in advertising: I no longer use the Omnipod)

1 Like

No, you don’t need to do that at all. You are not even required by Insulet to do the training. Your doctor might say you need to do training to get the prescription, but Insulet does not require it.

You do not need to send anything to the Insulet rep. You can set the pump up however you want. And you can setup Glooko to send reports to your doc automatically, or not send them. Your choice. Insulet never has to see them if you don’t want them to.

Insulet has a checkbox they follow. For someone with your experience, it is not as applicable as it might be for someone who is new to it.

Just do your thing, and enjoy the pump.

2 Likes

@kmichel That’s what it feels like. I’m My endo doesn’t have any experience with the technology. I’m in the process of finding a new endo. Thanks for sharing!

@Eric2 Thank you for sharing that with me.

Thanks for the replies! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes