OmniPod Users: connect here!

They will ask for :
name and address
a lot number from a canister of strips you are using
If you want them to handle fixing your prescriptions, etc
they will want
Dr. name and address
Pharmacy address and phone#
Insurance information (name, and all the numbers from your drug coverage)

Need a laugh my fellow ‘Podders’?
At 9:15 this morning I got excited to see the FedEx truck pull up in front of my house, anxious to get my “newly manufactured test strips” as this entering my BG into my PDM from another meter is getting old quick.
My dear husband runs out & meets the driver who insists he sign a delivery acceptance. Imagine my surprise when he enters the house w/a totally flat envelope from Abbott. It was ::drum roll:: my official, over-nighted copy of the notice already posted here, & ACTED UPON by me last Thursday!! No strips, just 2 sheets of paper. ::ugh::

Meanwhile, I’ve checked the FDA website and they STILL don’t have this latest “voluntary” recall listed yet.

So, now I am at work & get an email from FedEx tracking that my tracked pkge of strips were left at my door at 12:38pm. Talk about one hand not knowing what the other hand is doing!

Hopefully when I open my pkge (my daughters caregiver has taken it inside) later it will not contain any more “laughs”.
THIS kind of stuff is some of the most frustrating about being a PWD for me.

Called Thursday and received my 400 strips Monday. Funny I was on final bottle of 50 size and 1/2 were used. Whoo, whoo!!

Argh! I just received control solution and new strips - but they only set me 100 instead of 400 (and I have 1400 that need to be replaced!) Now I have to waste more time on the phone with them,....

Another ????? How do you get pass the boles exceed s the max warning I seem to get that a lot. Is just the icf ratios or another setting?

You can change your max bolus in the settings part. System set up, Bolus/Basal/calcs/Max bolus can be set to whatever you want.

HPNpilot I wouldn't try to call them today, I have heard the wait times are approaching 1.5 hours on hold and the music isn't that great.

Yesterday I received a Fedex delivered letter from Insulet about the test strips…
I haven had any problems…

I just called and it took a 1:25min to get my strips. 1:15 of that was on hold.

I got the notice that FedEx tried to deliver me something that requires my signature. Is it bad if I never go pick it up since I know what it is? So annoying...

Melanie E.: it's the Omnipod/Abbott recall notice for the Abbott FreeStyle test strips. You can get the information on the Abbott web site, but it probably won't help much at this point, I'm still on hold (1 hour 2 minutes and counting.)

Sorry; you can get *all* the information on the Abbott site. There's just two pages in there and they just say the same thing over and over again:
1) Ring Abbott (877)584-5159
2) Don't use the test strips in the PDM (or FreeStyle BGM or FreeStyle Flash BGM, but FreeStyle Freedom is ok, well, not listed.).

Job is correct. They sent me 400 replacement strips and I received them Fedex in about 2 days. The boxes were blue in color.

I just joined this conversation…is there something wrong with freestyle lites & omnipods???

Joseph on certain lot numbers the PDM have been reading lower than they should. The lite strips are not approved to use in the PDM but some say they are the same results.

If anyone has been waiting to call Abbott on the recall because of the long wait times - we just called and got right through

Yes, I called yesterday afternoon, with the phone on speakerphone fully prepared to work while I waited on hold, but I got right through!!

Joseph...I have not had any problems.

Hello everybody. I was hoping some of you might have some tips of traveling with the omnipod. i have not been on a plane since i started on the pod. should i be worried about airport security?