一日千秋 (いちにち せんしゅう) one day is like a thousand autumns

I finally managed to schedule an appointment with a new endocrinologist in August….and now the wait…
I’m not sure if I should be grateful or not, but currently work is in a bit of a lull again (my work tends to cycle through intense and slow periods), but it makes waiting more difficult….
It’s only two weeks away, but …how will this work out? Will I finally find my destined match? Will she be able to give me the support I need/want? Isn’t there some way to just test a doctor/practice out w/o necessarily committing? Kind of like dating…? Though maybe that’s what other people do…but to me I feel like once I’ve made an appointment w/ a particular doctor it’s a commitment…this is the first time I’ve decided to switch on my own (that is switching not because I’ve moved or the person retired…but because I was dissatisfied)…because I don’t want to be seen as someone who just “shops around” …kind of like a druggie looking for someone who will give them painkillers…
So now I’m waiting and prepping… starting to exercise more regularly again (a different story), testing regularly (not just frequently, but in more patterned ways), particularly at night, and I will remember to bring my wallet…logbook or both rather :slight_smile:
The waiting is a bit unbearable… cause I feel like right now my life is on hold… until I get can get some baseline numbers such as A1C (which the last one seems to check only once a year…), to have a starting point to work from and to do all this with someone besides myself, who is trained and paid to work out issues and also provide me more discipline… cause for me at least somehow just knowing someone will be checking out the numbers makes me more likely to test and log them…
So each day is like a thousand autumns while I wait for this date with destiny :wink: