One drop Meter

I’m not sure of the reason for it (ask them?), but it doesn’t bother me - mostly it’s just numbers to me. I haven’t seen a real-life example of anyone putting their actual location (the restaurant, etc.), in the app, so far. I don’t know why I’d even think to do that.

I’m no longer surprised by what personal information people are willing to broadcast. But I’d not be interested in crowdsourcing my blood glucose reading to anyone nearby or even remote. Mostly, it’s boring information that wouldn’t be useful to anyone else and it says nothing about me as a person.

The whole thing about seeing the BG readings of people in your area seems kind of like a Tinder app.

294? Swipe left!
317? Swipe left!
94? Whoa! Swipe right!!

2 Likes

Mine just came in last night! Funny, the acc-check fastclix is my absolute favorite lancing device as well (and the most painless one I’ve used, even compared to the genteel) so that was my same thought… although I LOVE the way the chrome looks, I’ll be sticking with my lancet device. I do love the unlimited strips since I do go through strips like a crazy person (even with dexcom) my insurance doesn’t cover much on that end and I always end up paying out of pocket for strips.

1 Like

Haha, this made me laugh. I do think it’s a little strange… but you can’t actually see their picture, their name, or anything personal (correct me if I’m wrong, I just got this yesterday) … I actually thought it was kind of neat to see others out there. I didn’t creep on any of them, but did see the numbers … It doesn’t really bother me though, I’m an open book. If someone wants to see my numbers and my bolus doses, carb intake… then so be it, as long as they’re not watching my social security number, credit cards, and apartment I’m okay with my diabetes being out there… haha.

I’ve only had it for a day, but I don’t think they can actually see WHO it is… it’s just numbers around. It doesn’t personally bother me, but to each their own and I understand it seems weird. But to me its just diabetes numbers that I don’t think people care to look at anyway, but if they do… so be it.

1 Like

Exactly!!!

I’m sitting here at work now scanning all my snacks… this is actually really cool, thanks for sharing how to find the barcode. It even knew the carb count for my vitamins, I’m impressed. Probably wouldn’t have come across that myself, so I’m glad you shared!

2 Likes

I would love to read about some user evaluations of (1) how accurate and (2) how repeatable these meters and strips are, once those who ordered them try them out.

Two concerns I have:

• we already enter BG readings in an all encompassing app (MyNetDiary, diabetes option), so entering them twice would be a real bother, possibly enough of a issue that would disqualify the program for us.
  • there is a lot of trust required in letting them decide when it is OK for you to get more strips. I guess it depends upon how they approach it themselves. We go through 300 strips fairly quickly, and I don’t like to be on the road without an ample reserve.

Of course, we would need to order at least one spare meter, probably two…

Question for those who are using this meter now:
Can you use the tester to see your BG readings and the time of the readings, or does it make you use the phone app? The easiest thing for me is to scroll through my Freestyle and see the readings and time. They make it so easy! Other meters are not as easy, you have to wait for it to scroll through the time/date by itself, you can’t quickly hit the button to advance it. I am wondering how easy this one is. I hate having to unlock my phone just to see my BG numbers.

I spent so much money on extra strips last year, this might be a good deal for me if it is accurate.

You can quickly scroll thru the past BG numbers; however, it has a small display, so shows date only, waits a second (two?) and shows the time. You don’t have to wait for it to scroll thru date/time/whatever to go to the next number. There is only one button on the meter, so it’s just ‘click-click-click…’

If you use an iPhone you maybe able to use your health app as a go between for you other apps. One drop shares info with you health app if you let it.

Also, I had 80 strips left and just ordered 200 more, not a problem. They had an option to order 300.

Accuracy, if seems to constantly read 15 over my freestyle lite meter. But it consistently off

1 Like

ooooohhhhh. That doesn’t seem encouraging. Is it consistent enough that you can just subtract 15?

That would be great. It looks like I will have to ask more info from the company:-)

That is good news too.

Less good of course. But within industry requirements I guess, since it is +/- 20%. Is it still 15 off even when you are quite low?

Test strip accuracy is notoriously the worst when high or low.

1 Like

Yes, It does seem to be consistent. I haven’t checked a reading over 150, but below that it seems to be 13 lower on average. Maybe the true number is in between the two meters.

1 Like

I still had 89 strips left from the original 100 (I’ve really only been “testing” it so far and still using my old meter primarily). I decided that IF I’m going to give the meter a real try, I should have a good supply – so I requested 300 strips as a first order. The order was apparently accepted – and though they have not yet arrived, the app now says that I have 389 strips (so I assume they’ll ship). Was quite simple.

1 Like

I just tried to contact them, and could not find the email page that @Eric2 found for retail customers. I had to use their contact page for “Professionals” (insurance companies etc.). This makes me a bit concerned. I am OK with no phone number, but a bit worried about no retail contact.

Here it is!

The helpdesk support person is Mary Elizabeth, and her email is:
support@onedroptoday.freshdesk.com