One drop Meter

Thanks for the link to goodglucos.com lol not sure why someone felt the need to flag it. I will check it out soon. Sounds like some people are having good results with one drop too sorry it didn’t work out for you.

I’m currently buying true metrix off amazon for about $12/100

1 Like

Can you do the precision test for me that I asked Chelsea to do? A few tests separated by only a few seconds, how close together are they? And compared to a top-shelf meter, how close is it?

If those two things look good in your estimation, I am all aboard the true metrix train, and I will give the onedrop a miss.

I’ve never had a “top shelf meter” except a one touch and I might as well have been guessing my bg with it. The true metrix seems spot-on but I have had some occasional fluke strips that are way off… it’s not quite as good as the true2go was but given the inherent limitations of the entire concept I think it’ll work fine for me for now… if I get a wonky result I retest. I really value not having to mess around with pharmacy and insurance for test strips it’s a small luxury I’d afford myself even if it did cost a little more than insurance copays. Plus it makes me feel like I’m not feeding the beast.

Just did that test-- 93-103-102-103

When is your birthday? I’ll hook you up. :slight_smile:

Alright, I will go that route and get the true metrix.

Thanks! I owe you a few sticks.

Let me know what you think… that was probably a pretty good sampling of them… there have been some “wtf moments” but I think as time goes on I’m growing more fond of it instead of less… and it’s not like an experiment is gonna break the bank. You have to get the true metrix go meter itself at a local cvs or Walgreens the internet is void of them. But you can get the full sized true metrix meter online.

To clarify a few things about One Drop’s meter accuracy -

The results mentioned above are clinical lab results, and the FDA agrees our meter is accurate to the standards we quote. We have clinical and lab data to back up our accuracy claims, and are more than happy to talk to anyone more about this. One Drop | Chrome has undergone rigorous testing to ensure it meets the highest standards of accuracy and reliability. We can’t speak to the results you’re seeing with other meters, but we do know that One Drop | Chrome delivers accurate and reliable results.

In addition, every user-facing person on our team has diabetes and uses One Drop to check and dose without hesitation, myself included. Combined, we have about 100 years of living with diabetes under our belts, and have tried almost every meter and CGM on the market over the last 20 years. We stand by our products 100% and will gladly send you a replacement if your meter is not functioning properly for any reason. I personally understand how frustrating it can be if you feel you can’t trust the blood glucose readings you’re getting from a meter, and we certainly don’t want anyone to feel that way about One Drop | Chrome.

As I mentioned before, we are always happy to discuss our meter’s accuracy with you and send you a replacement meter if needed. Just shoot us an email at support@onedrop.today. Please feel free to reach out to us at anytime!

All the best,
Mary Elizabeth

1 Like

Mary Elizabeth,
All by myself, I have almost 100 years living with it…
:smiley:

I’m just kidding, but I am moving in that direction. Give me time, I’ll get there.

1 Like

The strips are interchangeable between the mega-big gigantor meter and the go, right?

Yes. I see no benefit to the bigger meter personally

Looks like it could be used as a weapon in a street fight. Or if you needed a place to land a small plane.

Or for floatation in the event of a water landing

I compared it to my omnipod PDM, and a backup freestyle meter I have as well as my Dexcom CGM and it was continuously wrong… I’ve found one now that’s so accurate and their goal is for diabetics to have cheaper strips. Much better experience.

1 Like

It is consistently higher. I tried using it for days with my omnipod PDM, freestyle meter, And my Dexcom CGM and it was the only one that was consistently off. I wanted to like it… really did. Thankduallt I found one even cheaper with more strips that’s more accurate now.

Seriously don’t understand why it was flagged… I was offering $10 because I was GIVEN that code for my followers on the blog I write… not advertising for me. I don’t work for good Glucos. It was an honest write up about my opinions. Sheesh. Flag me I guess.

1 Like

Consistently 50-60 higher than a different meter?!? That’s pretty bad.

The one Sam mentioned is dirt cheap. I am going to try it and see if it’s any good.

Neither do I. Although it did look very laudatory:-)

Hi Maryelizabeth,
Generally those results are public, can you provide a link? Also wondering how the accuracy is when you high or low…I can range from 50 to 500 and the accuracy of the number is essential for the treatment. The accuracy of most meters declines in the higher and lower ranges.

I have tested mine against my freestyle lite a lot. It seems to average a reading of + 12 one the One Drop. Very consistent. Mary at One Drop is great to work with on questions. I am really liking mine. They also seem to be updating the app a lot and fine tuning things. It did take me a bit to get used to the strips. They take more blood the the freestyle , and if you remove the strip when it beeps you may not get enough blood to the meter and get an error. Once I learned this it was not an issue

I do wish they would make the app count net carbs instead of total carbs. Or maybe just make it a settings option.

Having never had insurance willing to cover FreeStyle for me, I never got used to that difference – the One Drop Chrometakes a lot LESS blood than my current meter and has been far less prone to errors from putting blood on the strip too early or removing it too early, as my other meter has (on both ends!). [The Dario meter, which I have as a backup, takes the least blood I’ve ever seen, and is quite quick! I like the better subscription model from One Drop, though, or I’d go Dario all the way – even their lancing device is superior…]