One of those days

Interesting ... When I asked to switch from Humalog to Apidra my endo at the time said he didn't think the brand of rapid insulin made much difference. I didn't find any huge difference with Apidra (I know some find it faster), but I did find it didn't clog up the tubing. With Humalog I used to get occlusion alarms that would persist even when the tubing was disconnected and primed.

I just had the set I put in yesterday "go bad" AGAIN. It's been itchy since this morning and then this afternoon I could hardly stand it, then noticed my blood sugars were up a bit (12.8 / 230) for no reason after being fine all day, so decided to change it. It's very red/irritated and a bit swollen with a lump underneath. I am sort of in denial because this has happened three times in the past week! I do NOT want this whole allergy stuff to start over again with these metal sets!!!

In fact if it does continue I would wonder if it's not something other than the infusion sets, like the insulin itself ... Although I had these same problems with Humalog and cannula sets, and these reactions I'm getting remind me a lot of what metal jewellry does to me ... I'm going to ask to see an allergist in the new year, for other things as well, but this will definitely be one of the things I bring up with them.

I ended up while using Apidra with problem ( 2011 ) and GP had to lance the infusion set area ...this never happened in the 10 plus years I pumped ...see my comments in the Apidra discussion .Even Admin Gerrie , Apidra user, not using a pump was questioning me ...was it a co-incidence ...who knows ??

Sounds like a good idea, Jen, since set allergies seem a frustratingly recurring problem for you. Don't you hate when you think something is better and it recurs?

Allergies in general are a recurring problem for me ... but these infusion set issues is probably the area where I find them the most frustrating!