One of those days

I have had Diabetes for around 2 years. Caused they think (yeah we know they don’t really know) by a very bad digestive track infection that almost killed me. Now I have had bad kidneys since I was eight—that almost killed me too…so I have lived with a deamon most of my life.

My husband has been in constant painn for the last 19 years—almost 20, from an on-the-job-injury. I REALLY don not know how he manages…and then I think…I know how bad I feel that he is in pain…and I know it bothers him that I have Diabetes—I know what it is like to be the person who feels helpless about what the other is going through…I somehow I feel guilty about putting him through this too…

And work…it is annual review time. Commitments and goals and it is all a bunch of huey. Like they give you this rule book for the “game” Everyone knows it is really not the real rule book–but management pretends it is…and all (well most-no I am not one of them) the little pawns (yep we had a manager who actually out it out there and said we were his pawns to do with as he saw fit). So we have another meeting—waste of time-- to discuss this years department commimtments-to which we must all align. This years new hot word—diferentiation— I really get warm fuzzies for that one.

Probably would not bother me as much, but our groupis understaffed and our boss seems loathe to admit it. I have more work to do thatn I can get done in a reasonable day (we ain’t talking 8 hour days here either), so wasting an hour on stuff that doesn’t matter, isn’t gonna make things better, is really irritating today.

I work for a good co overall, been here 10+ years…but thsi is one of those low points in the ride. I get decent pay, great benefits, and know it will get better–just impatient for it to get back there, and am afraid with the economyh–it may not get better fast…

Maybe I feel all bad today because the week started out crappy with bad insulin, and my numbers still seem a bit whacky…maybe I am hormonal…but today it all just seems a bit overwhelming and venting to my other half seems, well like I am a weanie-after all–my issue is treatable…even with meds and a spinal cord stim he is still in pain every freakin day–sure he doesn’t think so, but I feel so…

Well…gott go soI am not late for the waste of time meeting…

thanks for letting me vent!

it’s too bad when crap like this happens at work. sometimes it seems that it’s more the norm than a workplace culture that respects you and your contributions. it’s a stressor. take 3 deep breaths.
btw, i am very interested in your bad insulin experience. something happened to me yesterday and i am still puzzled and wondering if my insulin was really bad or what. can you tell me what happened?

the dab insulin details are here:

I saw you post your and was thinking there might be something else gogin on–but mien Novalog yours Humalog…

Kinda freaked me out, cause there was no reasonalbe reason for it to go bad…