Overall

So I've been dx'd for 3 years now, bs still unstable. I'm now on Metformin, Glyburide, Actose and Victoza. I've tried Januvia, Glypizide, Byetta, Novolog 70/30. Almost nothing can bring down my morning sugar until recently I'm using victoza. One injection a day, heaven! I was crying because I was running out of places to shoot myself. Probably going to be on the pump soon, maybe in March... planning a baby. I can't imagine having that thing on me 24/7 for I dunno how long.

I have good days and bad. How come THOSE people don't have diabetes I ask my husband. Between job loss, financial difficulties and all the stress is not helping either. Recently I finally tried to exercise 15-20 mins. a day to avoid having 4 shots a day. I realized I HAVE to do something. I hate exercising... and to think I have to do this everyday for the rest of my life ? I felt sick to my stomach.

I've been getting 60-90 for fasting lunch and dinner. Doc. said 60s is a little too low but I love having the feeling that I'm about to pass out and the shakiness. Cuz I know I'm in control and felt that I am doing something right. Just the other night, I woke up feeling all sweaty, shaky and sick, went to check my sugar and it had dropped to 40. My husband brought me a glass of orange juice and I was back up to 80 after 15 mins. Then I was thinking what if I didn't wake up? I could have just passed out in my sleep and died.

" but I love having the feeling that I’m about to pass out and the shakiness. Cuz I know I’m in control and felt that I am doing something right. "
–that’s a dangerous point of view to have about being low.

It is just as important to avoid the low as the high. Being on the low side doesn’t give you extra credit or anything like that. You probably would have had your liver send out a bunch of glucose when it realized the body was in crisis but that will give your a waking BG of over 300 if you are a T1. Sleeping through a severe low is something that is with us all the time.