Past 3 months G6 sensor errors and poor accuracy

Yes absolutely agree - anyway we don’t have control IQ yet so the most it can do is basal IQ for now. But your point is very valid. I do hope for a better experience than with the medtronic sensors.

I don’t get irritations on my sensors. However I only keep them for 10 days.
I also use iv3000 under it as a barrier and an anchor. I don’t have any issues with adhesive this way and it stays on with out having to glue it back down.

1 Like

I am a 76 year old type 1 diabetic that was diagnosed when I was 16. I made the transitioned to tandem from Medtronics, where continuous glucose became available with Medicare coverage. Several months using Dexcom g6 with control iq, I have made several observations.
1.) The Dexcom readings are very good for the first 6-8 days. After that Dexcom reports my glucose levels as critical low till it expires.
2.) When I start seeing the low readings, I always check my sugar by finger stick. The results usually read in 170-200 range.
3.) When I try to recalibrate the g6, the readings continue to stay low to critical on my tandem pump. Last night I tried calibrating 20 times to no avail.
4.) I have watched this trend for the past year. I control my diabetes very well. I see my endocrinologist every 3 months and for the last 9 months my A1c has been 6 to 5.8.
5.) As I mentioned last night I tried everything I could imagine to bring my G6 into calibration. I was finally able to get it to calibrate after I turned control iq off. As soon as I turn off control iq the G6 started accepting my calibrations. Pump with control iq initially was reading 67. Finger stick readings was 170.
After turning control iq off and getting my G6 calibrated at 168, I turned control iq back on and the calibration held. 24 hours later an my G6 reading is 106 and finger stick 231. Sensor is failing but can bring back into control by turning off control iq.
6.). It’s a hassle but Dexcom will replace the sensor when this happens. I typically replace about every forth sensor to keep from running out of sensors.