People with diabetes are easily offended

Apparently Novo Nordisk commissioned a cake in the likeness of a Levemir FlexPen. Said cake is featured on the blog “Cake Wrecks”, with commentary about “when professional cakes go horribly, hilariously wrong.”

Read the blog post here and tell me what you think. As an Old Schooler, I thought it was pretty funny, but things get rather heated in the comments.

The only thing irksome is how ignorant so many people are about diabetes. I’d personally go with a cake shaped like my humalog bottle…or maybe my pump.

Cute. Can I have a slice?
lol

Nice, I need to show this one to my wife! She’ll get a kick out of it. :slight_smile:

Umm… I decorate cakes as a hobby. I’ve got an idea floating around in my head for a pump shaped cake, but I haven’t tried it yet. I don’t think it’s a cake disaster. :slight_smile: I think it’s cool.

I agree!! Very cool ! What I get from this is that they are trying to say…diabetics CAN have their cake and eat it too!! I couldn’t help but notice that “most” of the posters to the blog were either T2 or knew a T2~ I would assume that “most” T2’s wouldn’t be candidates for Levemir anyway.

serve me up a slice…i need more insulin with fake sugar than the real stuff :slight_smile:

Hey Lara :slight_smile: - yeah, this cracked me up too. The person who posted the pic is pre-diabetic and must have received her diabetes education from someone who knows all about it ‘cause their aunt has a "touch o’ the sugah".