Phantom alarms

I was just wondering if I’m crazy or if others hear and feel phantom alarms.
I hear my pump alarm when it hasn’t. I feel my pump vibrate. I hear things on tv that sound line I lost connection w my dexcom.
I always have to check twice to be sure I’m. It getting dementia. But the vibration on my leg is the weirdest thing cause iKNOW I felt it.

1 Like

“Phantom phone vibration syndrome”. Or rather, Phantom Pump Vibration Syndrome.

Phantom ringing may be experienced while taking a shower, watching television, or using a noisy device. Humans are particularly sensitive to auditory tones between 1,000 and 6,000 hertz, and basic mobile phone ringtones often fall within this range.[1] Phantom vibrations develop after carrying a cell phone set to use vibrating alerts.[9] Researcher Michelle Drouin found that almost 9 of 10 undergraduates at her college experienced phantom vibrations.[10][ medical citation needed ]

2 Likes

I have strange vibrations but they are in my body, not sure what they are but it feels like an electrical signal or something in my muscles and sometimes I think they are my pump or dex. It could also be that sometimes they did vibrate and I missed it maybe, I am not sure. I can usually feel the difference.

Ok it’s good to see I am not alone in my psychosis. Now I need a solution.

1 Like

WOW! Interesting stuff.

" Researcher Michelle Drouin found that almost 9 of 10 undergraduates at her college experienced phantom vibrations.[10][ medical citation needed ]"

I set my high blood sugar alarm to this stupid doorbell noise because I was sick of all the other options and there’s a commercial with the EXACT same doorbell sound that gets me EVERY. TIME. That’s my own fault though :joy:

1 Like