Placing sensor on the arm

I have my wife put my sensor on my arm for me cause i cant seem to figure out how to do it myself with one hand. Is there something i am missing?

Yes! You're missing this lovely video:

Dexcom Arm Sites - A Tutorial

Or this one
Find more videos like this on TuDiabetes - a community of people touched by diabetes

I place mine on the high shoulder a couple inches over from where my arm lies next to my chest wall. Put in on, pat the adhesive all the way around before you insert the wire. Then squeeze on the wing things and it will almost fall off...

With the Dexcom 7, the Dexcom folks always said that the only site they 'approved' was the abdomen. However, the arm is pretty advantangeous if you also have a pump (which I am sure most of us do)

Does anyone know if the G4 sensor is 'approved' for other sites like the arm?

Honestly, it takes a lot of practice. I found it interesting that, it is much easier for me to put my sensor on the right side of my arm than my left. To put a sensor on your arm isn't as easy as people may think. The tricky part for me, is being able to squeeze the release lock for some reason. Be mindful of how high your putting it too. One time I had to have my mom squeeze the release lock for me, cause I could not reach it on my own.

-Yogi