Please Report TuDiabetes Website Issues

“Friends” made it much easier to find the people whose posts I always check out. At the moment, I just roam around hoping I’ll run into them somewhere. I with Holger on this…

1 Like

Judith, if I want to find posts a specific person has made I look at their user profile page.

I spun off a new topic called :arrow_right: How to find posts & other activity for a particular person. The post tries to explain the steps I use to view a person’s user profile page.

Of course, this may be something you (and @Holger) already knew, But I figured it still might be of use to help some other folks find their way around. :construction_worker:

2 Likes

I keep gdetting this error:Body is invalid; try to be a little more descriptive
when trying to post to the word game

Cool, John. You found me a name and now you’re going to help me find my old friends! Thanks…One more thing—I asked Marie this, too: So far: The only way I’ve found into the Community section is thru Marie’s pinned post about our dear Reed. I figure there must be another way—hopefully from the Home Page…Can’t thank you enough…

Actually, I don’t see a way to do it from the Home page … at least not yet. Maybe they’ll change the design later?

So for now if you start from the home page I would suggest clicking on discussion groups and then on the “hamburger” button and then selecting the community category from the hamburger’s menu.

Here is a link to a reply to MarieB’s post with a screen capture illustrating this.

2 Likes

Aside from the continuing issues with readability/eye strain in the chat window, it had a new problem (for me) today: Chat was “working” - my first ‘good morning’ went thru - but it stopped displaying anything or updating the active user list until I closed it, went back to the home page and popped it out again. I’ve seen people report that their messages haven’t shown up in chat even though to everyone else’s view those messages have, so this may be an incarnation of the same issue.
It just does nor seem to work consistently.

Thanks for increasing the font size in the typing box. I believe that a stronger or more readable typeface and less grey would help :smiley: It also seems to look and behave very differently in Chrome than in Firefox - though from user reports there’s inconsistency between what individuals see as well.

These accessibility issues will continue to be examined.

As to “glitches.” One of the things that has been occasionally happening is that we get “503 errors” which probably reflect a rebooting of TuDiabetes in some way. Chat operates somewhat as an autonomous function in your browser, so if TuDiabetes goes down you would not notice anything amiss on your screen. But because TuDiabetes is down, chat messages that are entered may be lost or may be displayed for only some users. We will try to track things down but we should have an expectation that there will be fairly routine instances in coming days where TuDiabetes goes down for a few minutes.

Relatively minor issue - the ‘Dismiss’ button on the “New” posts screen acts like it works, but the next time I’ve gone there, the same threads (at least) remain. Though, this brings up another ‘concern’ … When browsing Unread posts, there is no obvious way to go back to the remaining Unread posts without going all the way back to Discussion Groups, then selecting Unread again. I could use the ‘Back’ button on the browser, but that seems to lead to the suddenly ‘logged off’ issue, so it’s not a viable option. There should be a more direct way to do this, I think.

Login Button does not appear at the top of the page using Internet Explorer 9 as my Browser. I can see it using Chrome, although I prefer to use IE9

This may already have been asked here, but I didn’t read all the messages. I don’t see where on our personal page we can edit the information for date diagnosed, person in my life with D, etc.

1 Like

Thanks to Emily, I am once again “just plain Zoe!” I may actually survive this transition!

3 Likes

Replying to myself that I think this is due to the fact that I’m labeled a “Basic User.” Mr. Google tells me that prevents me from editing certain portions of my profile.

No actually this reflects the current status of the development. Even I, who should have superhuman privileges can’t modify my profile. So it is not you.

@neillll Is this something that can be addressed on the Discourse back end?

You mean the screen reader “button, button, button” problem? Yes I think this is something that we should be able to fix in Discourse. I’ll put it on my to-do list.

I’m quoting you again to test a fix that I just deployed. Avatars were broken when quoting. Looks like it’s fixed for new posts. I’ll fix past posts tomorrow.

I don’t think we understand. The ability to modify certain parts of the profile including the description you see is just not part of the Discourse preferences (and isn’t part of the WP profile either).

Here is my pop up, I cannot change the text that describes me “First diagnosed …” It isn’t part of my Discourse profile and isn’t in WP…

Thanks @neillll!! Yes, the screen reader issue is what I was referring to.

Brian, I’m pretty sure that particular issue comes from our delay in getting the WP profile editing page up and running. @Manny and our WP developer have been working on it and my understanding is that it will be enable in the next day or two. Once it’s working, a click on the “preferences” button in a Discourse profile will take the member to a new profile editing page where the things you mention can be changed.

I can’t seem to type anything in the search window