Please share your one word!

Thanks, Seagator!

CRAZY You must be wrong no man in my family has ever had Diabetes followed by Denial for years.

I think I would say "cocky" like I knew it all since I had a dad and brother with diabetes. Only to find myself in full blown DKA 2 years later teetering on the edge between life and death. Was good wake up call that I did not know as much as I thought and now am always learning and trying to keep myself healthy. :)

Thanks, dzinermom1!

Thankful! It took one shot of insulin and then somewhere between Death and Life I realized that there will be another day to come.

Thanks, Holger!

Angry

Thanks, Dee!

angry/devastated/weak/overwhelmed - there's no one word for that feeling.

I can't remember how I felt, but I do remember my mom taking me and my brother to Dairy Queen. Everything else is pretty much a blurr. She knew I had it so, I can't remember if she did that right prior or just after getting the "official" diagnose. Funny what you remember.

Thanks, Vrinda!

Jim - My mom took me to Friendly's (ice cream shop) after leaving the pediatrician's office and just before being admitted to the hospital!

Scared "but at the same time relieved because the way i was feeling i thought i had cancer"

Thanks, Grace!

Devastated - Scared - angry - I though I was invincible (that would of never happen to me) I just got out of the army was in good shape good health good job life was good and than boom. Life got a lot more complicated. I know this is more than one word.... but I don't think how I felt/feel at diagnosis can be summed up with one word.

Thanks, Joe!

MAD- I was angry this was happening to me- especially at 40 yrs old- I really misunderstood what Type Diabetes 1 was- and I couldn't wait to get out of the ICU....since then I have learned a lot and am managing...no pity party here!

Thanks, Lis!

disbelief.

Thanks, pancreaswanted!