Points to Calorie equivilent?

How many calories do you think I am eating if I stick to 21 points per day on WW ? I just cannot figure it out. Any ideas? Trying to lose 10 more lbs. in 6 weeks. Wonder if I should lower my points at all to try and reach my goal before my 40th birthday. Is that crazy or not? PS. I am a T1 -Insulin Dependent and on a pump. So weight loss eludes me.

There is an elaborate equation, but it boils down to this. Every 50 calories equals 1 WW point. For higher fat foods, you add additional points. For higher fiber foods, you subtract points. So, 21 points a day is roughly 1,050 calories.

The secret to making points work is to follow the plan and not try to restrict them to achieve a goal faster. They’re balanced for your current weight and activity level.

I lost nearly 30 pounds in 6 months by sticking to the plan. I’m a T1 on a pump as well

Really??? I mean Really? 1,050 calories per day. That is hard to believe. If it is then awesome. Thank you so much for clearing that up. How did you find or figure that out? I have been stumped for a long time. I have lost 6 lbs. now in 5 weeks. Mostly in the past 3 weeks. The first two weeks my head wasn’t in the game completely. I feel great now and actually look forward to tomorrows WI.

Thanks for your reply, Melissa. It is much appreciated.

There are other figures that measure it at 70 cal per point, so it could be as high as 1400.

well that makes sense. how did you find that out?

From that same Wikipedia article. (Check the link in my first comment.)

You are one smart ( low-calorie ) cookie! Thanks. I went to the link.

LOL. No problem. Best of luck to you. I think WW is one of the best plans out there and would do it again in a heartbeat.

I’ve lost 13 lbs. now since January. 7 of which have occured since I’ve been back on WW. I love being in control of my food and thinking more before I choose to eat something. I am making less BAD choices. I am happier than I’ve been in a long time. I love love love being an 8 again…looking forward to fittinig into my 6’s one day.

Rebecca,

Don’t know if you still have this question, but I think I remember 1 point equals 50 calories. So, 21 points equals 1050, but don’t take my word for it.

The number of points is calculated by your weight at the time you join and they have a chart as to point allocation.I too am a T1 and pump user.
I have lost 50 over a very long period of time, and the extra help for me came from exercise.
Hope that helps.