Pretty sure this Dexcom CGM is adding YEARS to my life

I just cannot say enough about this. Get control, dial in, and live a longer life. Once you have a CGM, decide that you want to stay alive longer - the rest is painful choices in eating and exercising. Learning about proper basil and bolus for foods you THOUGHT you never had to dose for makes the difference. I have dropped 14 pounds in the last 5 weeks, by choosing to USE the numbers off of my CGM and make better choices. Goodbye 38 waist - hello 36!

2 Likes

So I have my next round of blood work on the 23rd. As far as I can tell, I will be in the 1st 5.X range in over 20 years. I can’t wait to get it done and get the results! Please folks, if you are insulin dependent - Get a CGM! The sheer amount of data that you have on hand is amazing. PLEASE get a CGM, you will learn a lot about what is really going on and will be able to control this disease so much better. We need to get a Go Fund Me page going so that all of us that do not have great insurance can draw off of it and get one. Every insulin dependent diabetic should have access to this technology.

3 Likes

:slight_smile: I too have lost weight since I got the G5. Got my G5 last Sept, dropped A1c by .4 points, in December went on a lower carb diet and have now lost 33 lbs. I’m now skinny. :slight_smile: I credit the CGM far more than my pump for this wonderful development. It’s saved me from countless high bg’s as well as a ton of lows. I’m so grateful for this technology.

2 Likes