Progestrone shots in early pregnancy?

Am 4week pregnant and doc ask me to get a progestrone shots every week without checking my progestrone levels…does everyone get tat or just me??tis is my first pregnancy…and am t2.

Not sure. Not that I’m aware, of course it’s been nearly 21 years since I’ve been pregnant. Usually my understanding unless you have had a history of preterm labor…or they’ve checked your levels and your levels are low then they give progesterone in order to try to maintain a pregnancy. I’m not sure why they’d be doing that in your case if this is the first time you’ve been pregnant and have no prior history of having a preterm baby, unless they have checked your progesterone levels and your body just isn’t making a high enough level. But as you stated, they haven’t checked your progesterone levels, so I’m kind of at a loss. Like I said it’s been a REALLY long time since I’ve been pregnant. I’d ask the doctor their rationale in doing that.

Well that’s not standard issue in my experience (as a man, father, and husband of an OB nurse…) but some context would be necessary before taking any feedback you see on a forum like this too seriously

I found this link: Progesterone treatment to help prevent premature birth | March of Dimes

I would discuss it with your doc to see why he/she thinks you need progesterone.