Puberty

What’ s your basal/bolus for 24 hours? (and you total insulin usage) Was insulin usage significantly more when you went into puberty? Did you have difficulty controlling you BG’s?

well no. but when that time of the month comes around i know that i do have a hard time with my BGs staying normal. i just cover when i need to and make sure i take the right amount of insulin when im eating… don’t know if this helps any but hope it did :smiley:

Well, I was already in puberty when I got diagnosed, but my insulin needs change quite a lot before / during my period, and my BGs are generally pretty all over the place at times. Apparently it gets somewhat better after puberty has finished… I hope so! My total daily dose is about 22 units, and my basal is between 0.1 and 0.3 u/h and my I:C ratio is 1:11 and 1:12.

My sons basals are now 36 units per day and his bolusses more or less the same - his total insulins is round about 70 - 80 units per day now!!

Right now I am going threw puberty and yes the insulin you do use more. It is hard to control your BG when going threw puberty. I have had to change it 4 times in the last month and im not eating any different. I cant wait till its done