Pumping up expectations

After almost 6 months of lows - 3-4 times a day - I felt like a ticking bomb ready to explode.

I finally decided to go on a pump in order to get a cgms, as I was hypo unaware.
I got the pump in December, in the middle of project deadlines and all, and was then told that I had to go on a waiting list for 6 months in order to rent a cgms for a couple of weeks!!

First disappointment!

Then I was told I couldn’t have a remote control until I had been on the pump for at least half a year.
This re-adresses my issues with injecting in public (when hiding the pump under skirts, dresses etc), so that I have to go to the bathroom in order to take my insulin. So once again I postpone my boluses when I’m eating in public…

Second disappointment!

Anyway, I’m slowly getting used to the pump now. Am finally only having low’s about once every other day, but I find my overall bg’s higher than I would like (but no more night time low’s - yey!!!).
However, I think I still need time getting used to it all (also just learned to count carbs) so will give myself some more time. Hopefully this will make things better in the long run, but also in my everyday life.